23 before 2021 14:37 GMT
Earlier today, a shooting took place on the grounds of the airport in which a member of the Afghan security forces was killed and three others were wounded.
A cloud of smoke rose on Monday over Kabul airport, according to recordings circulated on social media.
At the moment, it is not known where the fire occurred at the facility and whether it could affect the evacuation of thousands of people who had gathered there after the Taliban lightning attack*.
Previously today on the territory of the airport was registered A shooting in which a member of the Afghan security forces was killed and three others were wounded.
- The Taliban offensive intensified from the moment US forces began their withdrawal from Afghanistan, which Washington planned to complete on August 31.
- On August 15, the rebels took control of the capital and ended their offensive across the country. President Ashraf Ghani resigned from his post and hastily left Afghan soil.
- All last Sunday, the United States Army evacuation About 10,400 people were evacuated from Kabul, while another 5,900 were evacuated in 61 aircraft of the international coalition.
- For their part, the Taliban they pointed out The United States and the United Kingdom may face “consequences” not to withdraw their forces from Afghanistan before August 31st.
* The Taliban, designated a “terrorist organization” by the UN Security Council, has been declared a terrorist group and banned in Russia.
“Unapologetic tv specialist. Hardcore zombie trailblazer. Infuriatingly humble problem solver.”