Monday, July 22, 2024

Euro 2024 semi-final Spain vs France: background, records at stake, odds and match data

Must Read
This article was originally published on English

Best attack vs best defence. History has it that every time Spain and France face each other in European Championship qualifying, the winner is declared champion. Will it be repeated? Here are the bets and odds to be had before the match kicks off at 9pm in Munich.

Advertising

the Euro 2024 He delivers another epic duel on Tuesday, when Spain and France They will face each other in Munich at 9:00 p.m. for a place in the final.

March to Berlin The best defence in Euro 2024 faces the best attack. Spain has scored 11 goalsmore than anyone else, while France conceded only one goal in five matches. The Spaniards should be favourites, because they arrived in Munich after that. Defeat all the teams that come your way..

They came first in the group to death. Italy and Croatiaand then They beat Germany 2-1. In the quarter-finals in the last minute, there was controversy over penalties against the home team.

France was not that convincing.He was unable to score a single goal from open play throughout the tournament, Won in the round of 16 against Belgium Thanks to an own goal, they then resorted to dramatic penalties, as Portugal, led by Cristiano Ronaldo, prevailed.

Decisive historic clashes in European Cup tournaments: Who has the best record?

Confrontations between France and Spain I always worked Decisive in the history of the Euro Cups.

Every time the two teams meet in a knockout format, the winner wins the cup.It has already happened in 1984 (France), 2000 (France), and 2012 (Spain).

See also  After 47 years, Italy was once again champion of the Davis Cup

In general, France has Best record in major tournamentsIncluding the World Cup with three wins to one for Spain and a draw.

Experts, betting houses and algorithms (cautiously) put Spain in the lead

Spain has a slight advantage over France.With a run of five straight wins, the most goals scored and only two conceded, nothing seems to be able to stop De La Fuente’s team. Scoring problems and France’s lack of genius also points in this direction..

But Spain’s occasional problems converting possession into goals could be a particular problem. Against an experienced and defensively strong team like Francewhich can also be relied upon for speed. Ousmane Dembele, Kylian Mbappe and Eduardo Camavinga To open counter spaces.

Most forecasts reflect this.where Spain remains the favourite, but not by a large margin. Moreover, Google’s forecast puts Spain in the lead with a 36% chance of winning. Compared to 31% for France, with a 33% chance of a draw in the 90th minute.

he Opta algorithm Predicts more uncertainty. Spain have a 49.7% chance of reaching the final compared to 50.21% for France in head-to-head matches.Another factor that points to uncertainty is that Spain will be without the injured Pedri and the suspended Carvajal.

Fofana refutes criticism, Cucurella warns of France’s speed

Marc Cucurella is one of Spain’s best players at Euro 2024, managing the team. Huge 44 km on the side With a top speed of over 33 km/h.

However, the Chelsea left-back confirms that Containing France’s best runners will not be an easy task..

“Owns Very fast players in attack“They want to exploit that and I think it will be a game of intense concentration for 90 minutes or however long the game is.”

See also  La Equidad 1-1 Rionegro Aguilas: score, summary and goals

“I think if we are careful about that. If we win the ball back quickly when we lose it, then I think we have a good chance.“Announced on Sunday.

On the French side, Youssef Fofana responded to the criticism the team received by saying: “I don’t care about them.”

He also called on all French media to do the same. Support the French team“In the end, we reached the semi-finals after Kylian’s level. [Mbappé] And Antoine [Griezmann] It was enough for us. to reach the semi-finals

“I don’t know why we’re looking for this ‘plus’ now that we’re in the bottom four, and now we all have to go together, Including the media, especially the Frenchin the right direction to lift this cup, and Don’t say the guy is underperforming. Or the gameplay is not beautiful because in the end it is enough.”

Advertising

Records at stake: Fourth Euro title and longest winning streak

Winning will put Spain Centimeters from his fourth European titleTo become the most successful team in the history of the European Cup. They currently share the record with Germany with three cups each.

If Spain defeats France, it will also become First team to win six consecutive matches in the same European competition.

For its part, France, by eliminating the Spaniards, could aspire to realize its dream. Third European title, becoming the most successful country alongside Spain and Germany..

Latest News

Spanish banks’ default rate rises to 3.6% in May

MADRID (EFE) - The default rate in Spanish banks rose in May to 3.6%, from 3.59% in April, mainly...

More Articles Like This