D-Link announces the launch of the D-Link COVR-X1862 (2 nodes) and D-Link COVR-X1863 (3 nodes) combinations that create a unified WiFi 6 network at up to 1800Mbps and automatic roaming between access points (nodes) that must be To always be connected with the best signal strength and not to stay connected to the router even if we are far away.
The system integrates the new Wi-Fi 6 protocol. D-Link summed up in the landing all the advantages it brings in relation to the previous Wi-Fi 5, delving into the technical and official description of novelties such as OFMDA, 1024-QAM, BSS Coloring, MU-MIMO, Target Wake Time, etc.
Another technical advantage of Wi-Fi 6 is that it also works in the 2.4 GHz band (previous Wi-Fi 5 was activated only in the 5 GHz band, down to Wi-Fi N in 2.4 GHz) and due to the fact that it is better to use the 2.4 GHz band GHz over long distances with respect to the transmitter, and this represents a noticeable increase in performance. In addition, Wi-Fi 6 includes an uplink/downlink MU-MIMO (the latest version of Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 also incorporates MU-MIMO but only downlink), which works in conjunction with OFDMA and 1024-QAM It reduces latency and increases network performance and capacity.
D-Link COVR-X1862 and COVR-X1863 Series Highlights
- Seamless Wi-Fi, automatic roaming between nodes
- System extendable up to 4 nodes, also allows addition of D-Link DAP-X1860 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wall Extender
- Next-generation dual-band Wi-Fi 6, up to 1.8Gbps
- Smart roaming, OFDMA, 1024QAM, BSS coloring, MU-MIMO up/downlink
- Two modes of use: Network extenders from any operator’s router or router mode + a/s network extender to use one of the nodes as a neutral router (leaving the operator’s router in bridge mode or over a triple VLAN)
- 1 Gigabit LAN port and 1 Gigabit WAN port on each node
- It supports Ethernet Backhaul to connect nodes by LAN cable and make them access points without signal loss between nodes (1 Gigabit backbone) ideal for homes that already incorporate RJ-45 LAN connectivity in every room, which is already mandatory in newly built homes.
- Simple installation from the D-Link WiFi app, no PC required, compatible with any router or player.
- Management via web interface or D-Link WiFi APP. If the node is configured as a network router, it contains the functions of traffic prioritization (QoS), parental control, guest WiFi, secure access via VPN, etc.
- New WPA3 encryption protocol for maximum security.
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
D-Link COVR Wi-Fi 6 kits are already on sale at a suggested retail price of €175 for the two-node COVR-X1862 and €265 for the three-node COVR-X1863. The D-Link DAP-X1860 wall extender, compatible with these COVR kits, as well as the D-Link range of Wi-Fi 6 routers, is now on sale at a price of 79 euros.
“Beer enthusiast. Subtly charming alcohol junkie. Wannabe internet buff. Typical pop culture lover.”