the Health Secretary It indicated that it is continuing epidemiological surveillance for respiratory system diseases This winter, as cases flu, Covid-19 And PneumococcusIn addition, children, the elderly and those with comorbidities are at risk.
The agency also stressed the importance Take for vaccination Against influenza for children under five years of age, and the application of biological treatment against Covid-19 that should be provided to people over 60 years of age and pregnant women.
Residents should also take into account recommendations Health authorities Do not pay attention to rumors or information coming from unofficial media, because they may be wrong and cause confusion among the population.
Read also: Despite their cynicism, in March 2024, the best health system in the world will operate in Mexico: AMLO
The Ministry of Health issued the following procedures regarding: Prevention of respiratory infectionsEspecially in winter:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use alcohol-containing solutions.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the inside of your arm.
- Cleaning commonly used surfaces and objects.
- Ventilate closed spaces and allow air circulation and sunlight.
- Groups most at risk receive vaccination against influenza and Covid-19.
- If you have a respiratory infection, wear a face mask, isolate yourself at home and do not treat yourself.
- Seek medical attention if warning symptoms occur such as: persistent fever, chest pain or difficulty breathing (in children, their ribs tingle when breathing or their nose twitches due to exertion); Drowsiness or profound fatigue, or if you use an oximeter, the saturation is less than 90 percent.
“Beeraholic. Friend of animals everywhere. Evil web scholar. Zombie maven.”