RGG Studio presents Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth’s revamped combat system, as well as unique abilities for its characters, classes, and other details.
We can’t wait to dive into the next installment of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, the eighth installment in the Sega and RGG Studio series, which serves as Sequel to Yakuza: Like a DragonAnd also as a continuation of the show we saw recently.
In The Man Who Erased His Name (Like the Dragon: Gaiden), we learn what happened to Kazuma Kiryu after the events of Yakuza 6, and what happened to cause him to join Ichiban Kasuga in this next adventure.
We already know its release date: January 26, 2024. It’s undoubtedly one of the most anticipated games of next year, and in fact it’s been nominated at The Game Awards 2023.
Now we know better How the turn-based RPG combat system worksAs well as the class system, exclusive characters and abilities.
Pure and simple turn-based RPG
First of all, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth represents a big leap in combat mechanics, which will be much more advanced than what we saw in Yakuza: Like a Dragon (the first turn-based RPG in this saga).
Now the combat will be more dynamic and strategic than before, thanks RPG live command battle system. Which consists? See that below.
Live Command RPG Battle consists of small changes, highlighting the potential Moving characters during combat (in a limited scope).
This allows us to get closer to enemies (to deal more damage), but also to interact with our comrades, Use stage objects Or protect us.
In the same way, our attacks and actions are now Scope of action (or impact). Counterattacks have also been improved, allowing us to use the environment to our advantage in different ways. And of course they come back Combined and perfected attacks, More accurate than in the seventh installment.
If you encounter enemies that are weaker than you, the game allows you to choose the option SmackDown (Fight)which is performed faster and more directly, but you gain less experience for victory.
It has also been revealed New categories, some general and others exclusive From each letter:
- Kazuma Kiryu: Dojima Dragon as an exclusive class. You can also choose between the Brawler, Runner, and Striker classes.
- Ichiban Kasuga: The hero as an exclusive class. Unique Batbreaker attack.
- Eric Tomizawa: Taxi driver as an exclusive category. A unique somersault wheel attack.
- Chitose Fujinomiya: The heir as an exclusive class. Great Jet’s unique attack.
- Yu Nanba: The vagabond as an exclusive class. Unique sizzling spit attack.
- Koichi Adachi: Detective as an exclusive class. Unique single attack.
- Seiko Mukuda: Waitress as an exclusive class. Attack one landing with champagne.
- Seonhee:Fight as an exclusive class. Unique Stentorian whip attack.
- Junji Han: Hitman as an exclusive class. Professional slash attack.
- Tianyu Zhao: The Mafia as an exclusive class. Homemade Dim Sum Attack.
Regarding the new classes in Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth, RGG Studio has confirmed the following: A samurai, an aquaint, an outlaw, a kunoichi, a housewife, and a geo dancer.
In addition, we already know that this new version is the longest in the entire series, because it includes separate game modes such as Dondoko Island.
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth will be in stores on January 26, 2024, and is available physically and digitally for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series In this case, and unlike The Man Who Erase His Name, it will not be released on Game Pass.
“Beer enthusiast. Subtly charming alcohol junkie. Wannabe internet buff. Typical pop culture lover.”