- As we will inform you in due course, registration will open next Wednesday at US Diversity Visa 2023 (DV-2023) Program, a process popularly known as DVlottery, Visa LotteryAnd The visa lottery, or hype, among Cubans. A legal pathway to immigrate to the United States from countries with historically low immigration rates.
at this opportunity, As mentioned, the electronic drawing will award 55,000 permanent residence letters or green cards, for which interested parties must submit an electronic application between noon on October 6 and November 9.
Today we will discuss some of the eligibility requirements, which, while simple, must be met literally in order to qualify for this State Department program.
To apply to the program, participants must be citizens of certain eligible countries, those that in the past five years have not registered a significant number of immigrants to the United States, but, in addition, meet certain educational requirements:
DV-2023 contestants cannot come from the following countries list:
- Dominican Republic
- South Korea
- The United Kingdom and its Overseas Territories
In other words, Cubans can ideally apply to the 2023 visa lottery.
Regarding educational requirements, applicants must have already graduated from secondary education or its equivalent; Or, failing that, have two years of work experience in a job that requires at least one training for the same period. These two years of employment must have been completed in the past five years (5 years prior to enrollment).
How to participate in the visa lottery?
Applicants will have to submit the already completed “E-DV Entry Form” electronic registration form, with all the required information on the website www.dvprogram.state.gov.
- Noun. You must complete it in the following order: last name, first name and middle name, that is, as it appears in your personal passport.
- date of Birth. In the following order: day, month and year
- birth city
- Country of birth
- Eligible Country for the DV-2023 Program
- The passport number, the country that issued it, and the expiry date of the document
- new photo (Both the applicant, as well as their wives and children). You must take into account that the image corresponds to Ministry of Foreign Affairs requirements
- post address
- Current country of residence
- Telephone number (my choice)
- Achieving the highest academic level
- current marital status
- number of children
Time and again, the authorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have warned that it is always recommended that documents be completed by the applicant himself. That is, without a ‘visa advisor’, ‘visa agent’ or other ‘facilitators’ providing the service. This is because situations where third parties take advantage of a free procedure by law are quite frequent.
When will the 2023 visa lottery winners be known?
DV-2023 winners will be identified through the State Department’s website Knowledge will be granted status, from May 8, 2022 to September 30, 2023.
To see if they have been selected, each of the eligible candidates must have the unique confirmation number given to them once the electronic form submission process is complete.
That is why it is so important that once you complete your lottery registration, you print the confirmation page and jealously keep it, as this document contains such numbering.
If selected, you will be directed to a confirmation page indicating the following instructions to follow, including fees related to legal immigration to the United States.
Also keep in mind that all those who have been selected (i.e. relatives of the applicant are included), their visas must have already been issued no later than September 30, 2023, in order to access the green card, which led to the consular interview.
“Unapologetic tv specialist. Hardcore zombie trailblazer. Infuriatingly humble problem solver.”